Dallas County Judge Reduces Bail for Suspect in State Fair Shootings

Dallas County Judge Reduces Bail for Suspect in State Fair Shootings

According to court records, a Dallas County judge recently reduced the bail amount for the guy who is suspected of shooting and wounding three people at the State Fair of Texas in October. The original bail amount was $1.6 million.

According to court documents, 22-year-old Cameron Turner is charged with three second-degree felonies for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and one third-degree felony for carrying a weapon unlawfully in a forbidden area.

On November 21st, Turner was charged with three counts of assault, and on December 27th, he was charged with firearms.

Dallas County court records show that on October 15, a judge set a bond of $500,000 for each assault charge; however, on Thursday, the bail was lowered to $100,000 for each. On Thursday, the $100,000 bail issued on Nov. 2 for the unlawful carrying charge was lowered to $50,000.

Dallas County Judge Reduces Bail for Suspect in State Fair Shootings (1)

A court official noted in the court decision that prosecutors disagreed with the adjustments. Regarding the decrease in bond for assault charges, a comment says Turner can be qualified for both home arrest and electric monitoring.

According to the records, Dallas County District Court Judge Nancy Mulder set the revised bond amounts. According to online records, Turner was still being held at the Dallas County jail on Sunday morning. It was not possible to get in touch with the specified lawyer for him right away.

After reportedly shooting two men and a lady at around 7:45 p.m. in Fair Park’s Tower Building—which houses the food court—Turner was taken into custody on October 14. The victims’ wounds did not prove to be lethal.

Turner fled the scene, according to the police at the time, but he was apprehended shortly after. The pistol that was allegedly used in the shooting has been found.

Turner claimed in the arrest-warrant affidavit that he “went into defensive mode and shot” three or four times when a group of males approached them while “he was attempting to protect his family.”

Turner was seen purchasing a water bottle from a concession booth by himself on surveillance tape, and the affidavit said that when he turned around, one of the victims was coming toward him.

The affidavit states that “both males stopped walking and appeared to exchange a few words” before Turner pulled a revolver and started shooting. The initial victim and two others were struck by the gunshots.

Fair Park was evacuated as a result of the shooting, and the fair postponed its opening for four hours the following day before continuing as usual for the remainder of the season.

The following hearing for Turner’s cases is slated for February 16.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *